Charles & Anna Drain House
This house provides the finest example of the proportion and ornamentation characteristics of the Queen Ann architectural in the city. This building is listed in the 1976 Statewide Inventory of Historic Sites and is also listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The house is now owned by the North Douglas School District.
China Ditch was a 33-mile project dug by 200 Chinese laborers in the 1890’s to supply water for gold mining […]
The present facility was constructed in 1925, across the North Umpqua River from an earlier trout hatchery built in 1920. […]