Green Mountain Campground
Featuring panoramic views of the lava flows, cinder cones, and the desert landscape of the Fort Rock and Christmas Valley area of central Oregon, the Green Mountain Campground offers a remote camping experience perfect for photography, solitude and stargazing. Whether using it as a basecamp for exploring nearby attractions like Crack-in-the-Ground and the Four Craters Lava Field, or simply seeking an out-of-the-way site with stunning sunrises and sunsets, visitors willing to brave its rough access road will not be disappointed.
Know Before You Go:
- Open Season Green Mountain Campground is open YEAR ROUND.
- Four-wheel Drive Vehicles Recommended. Access is via rugged dirt roads that may be impassable at times.
- 6 primitive campsites with picnic tables and fire grates; first come, first serve.
- Vault Restroom.
- No Drinking Water available.
- Pack Out Your Trash.
- The Nearest Services are in the nearby towns of Christmas Valley Oregon.
- BLM’s Crack-in-the-Ground Trailhead located nearby.
Point of Interest:
There is an active fire lookout atop nearby Green Mountain that is staffed from June through October.
Overview Historic Aspen Cabin is nestled in a forest of fir, pine, and aspen, and provides an ideal setting for […]
Located 25 minutes south of Paisley, Oregon, Jones Crossing is a rustic and popular forest camp located right on the […]
Located 40 minutes south of Paisley, Oregon, this rustic horse camp affords pretty views of Steens Mountain and Mount Shasta. […]