The rustic, well-known covered bridge spanning the Applegate River, just eight miles from the California border, was built in 1917 by contractor Jason Hartman and his son Wesley on land donated by Aldelbert "Deb" McKee.
The bridge was used from 1917 to 1956, originally serving the mining and logging traffic. In 1956, the bridge was declared unsafe for vehicular traffic.
The Lost Creek Bridge, at 39 feet, is the shortest of all Oregon covered bridges. Since 1979, the structure has […]
The Covered Bridge, also known as Bridge 202, was originally located at Antelope Creek. This queen post truss covered bridge […]
The Grave Creek covered span at Sunny Valley, about 15 miles north of Grants Pass, can be seen by motorists […]