From thundering waterfalls to still mountain lakes, water is the essence of the Umpqua National Forest. Low numbers of visitors on the Umpqua offer you solitude and the chance for self-discovery.
You'll find many places to be alone with nature — to fill your senses and renew your spirit. You can create an adventure for a day or a week, all year long.
Choose an activity on the left to find specific recreation sites for a variety of activities! If you know the site you want to know more about, try the "Areas & Activities" option to the right.
Other popular recreation opportunities:
- Campground List
- Recreation Rental List
- Permitted Outfitter & Guides
- Rogue-Umpqua National Scenic Byway
- Wilderness Information
- Tiller Ranger District Recreation Guide – Spring 2012 (630 KB PDF)
- Cottage Grove Ranger District Recreation Opportunity Guide – Hiking, May 20, 2013 (4,172 KB PDF)
A map showing recreation areas.
- Auto Touring
- Horseback Riding
- Wilderness & Natural Areas
Southern Oregon Rod & Custom Show
Within this beautiful corridor, there are world-class fly-fishing opportunities, exhilarating whitewater for rafters and kayakers, picture postcard scenery, a recently […]