Welcome to Southern Oregon
1. Travel Ashland
2. Oregon Shakespeare Festival
3. Discover Klamath
4. Crater Lake National Park
5. Crater Lake Zipline
6. Runnning Y Ranch
7. Travel Medford
8. Neuman Hotel Group (Ashland and Medford)
9. Serra Vineyards
10. Travel Grants Pass
11. Climate City Brewing
12. Hellgate Jetboat Excursions
13. Redwood Hyperion Suites
14. Cave Junction
15. Oregon Caves Monument & Chateau
16. Gold Beach Visitor Center
17. Jerry’s Rogue Jets
18. Jots Resort
19. Cougar Lane Lodge
Thank you for visiting our booth at the Oregonian Here & There Travel Fest. We invite you to visit Southern Oregon, where rural uncrowded cities are surrounded by world-class adventure, attractions, and culinary experiences.
Win a $1,300 Southern Oregon Vacation
Simply post your photo of Southern Oregon to your Instagram or Facebook account, mention your attendance at Here & There Travel Fest and tag #travelsouthernoregon.
Need a photo? Take one at Southern Oregon’s Here & There booth.
You may enter as many different photos as you wish. Entry deadline: November 30, 2016. Must be 21 or older and a U.S. resident. Winner will be selected at random.
ASHLAND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & VISITORS BUREAU
Discover a year-round paradise. Welcome to Ashland. Explore the culinary, cultural and outdoor adventures Ashland has to offer. With over 100 restaurants, 365 days of theatre and a base camp for adventure and natural beauty, you are invited to enjoy Ashland, as you like it. travelashland.org
Top Festivals and Events
- 10th Annual Ashland Culinary Festival – November 3 - 6, 2016 at the Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites. Join us as we celebrate Southern Oregon’s food, drink, talent and creativity. Attend this delicious four-day destination event where 12 local chefs compete for Top Chef honors.Register for culinary workshops, taste samples from over 30 vendors and enjoy wine tours. For a complete schedule of events and ticket information visit: ashlandchamber.com/culinaryfestival
- 24th Annual Festival of Light Celebration – November 25 – December, 2016. The Festival of Light kicks off the day after Thanksgiving and includes a parade, Grand Illumination and visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus. The Festival showcases the charm and delight of seasonal events, shopping, dining and staying in a small picturesque town for the holidays. Ashland is lighted with over one million lights each year. We invite you to find your holiday spirit in Ashland. ashlandchamber.com
- 13th Annual Oregon Chocolate Festival – March 3 – 5, 2017 at the Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites. This Festival brings together over 50 chocolate companies from all over the West Coast that present a variety of fine chocolates and chocolate-inspired products. Tastings, demos, educational seminars, Chocolate Makers Dinner and more. Produced by the Neuman Hotel Group. oregonchocolatefestival.com
- 16th Annual Ashland Independent Film Festival – April 6 – 10, 2017. The annual film festival showcases over 80 documentary, feature, and short films from around the world. Celebrate independent film and mingle with filmmakers and special guests at the Opening Night Bash, After Lounges, and the Awards Celebration. ashlandfilm.org
- A Taste of Ashland – April 22 and 23, 2017. Celebrating its 28th year, the Ashland Gallery Association’s signature fund-raising event is on Saturday and Sunday, April 22 and 23 from noon to 4:00 p.m. Foodies and wine connoisseurs follow a map to over 15 galleries and discover Ashland’s best restaurants and the region’s best wines along the way. atasteofashland.com
LITHIA SPRINGS RESORT
Lithia Springs Resort end-of-year special!
Enjoy 20% OFF at the mineral springs resort located in picturesque Ashland.
Offer valid on all room, bungalow and suite types from October 16 until the end of 2016 except for Fridays, Saturdays and holidays.
To book online, use code COZY20 at LithiaSpringsResort.com.
ASHLAND HILLS HOTEL & SUITES
Family Winter Special at Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites
Enjoy newly renovated retro-modern hotel.
Book one standard room or suite at a regular rate and enjoy second room 50% off.
Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or packages.
Both reservations have to be for the same day.
Special available from 10/23/16 – 2/28/17 at AshlandHillsHotel.com.
OREGON SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL
The Tony Award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival presents almost 800 performances of 11 plays each season from February through October on three unique stages, including the famous outdoor Allen Elizabethan Stage. Free summer pre-show entertainment on the Courtyard Stage, backstage tours, fun classes and talkbacks all add up to the truly one-of-a-kind OSF Experience. Hike for miles in beautiful Lithia Park along Ashland Creek, shop in charming downtown Ashland, and savor the Oregon culinary delights lauded by the food and wine world at one of dozens of great restaurants.
Founded in 1935, the Tony Award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival (OSF) is among the oldest and largest professional non-profit theatres in the nation. Ticket and lodging packages are available spring and fall with many package partner specials. Visit osfashland.org to learn more about planning the perfect Ashland vacation!
Located 27 miles north of the California border, Medford is halfway between San Francisco and Portland on Interstate 5. Medford and the Rogue Valley area are undiscovered jewels with beautiful weather, and allow visitors freedom to explore every nook and cranny imaginable. Our tasting rooms are affordable and comfortable. Opportunities for fun are as diverse as the Rogue Valley itself and include year-round outdoor adventures, art, theater and sports. travelmedford.org
Top Festivals and Events
- Oregon Cheese Festival – Third weekend in March. Represents artisan food creations, a culinary component as well as beer pairings. roguecreamery.com
- Pear Blossom Festival Events – Second weekend in April. Run, Smudge Pot Stroll, Pear-A-Fare, parade, street fair, and Pedals & Pears. pearblossomparade.org
- Art In Bloom – Mother’s Day weekend. The most diverse and eclectic festival in Medford includes juried art creations, kids activities, music, wine tasting, and food. art-in-bloom.org.
- Medford Beer Week/Southern Oregon Craft Brew Fest – June, 2017. A celebration of all things beer. Cooking, food pairings and drinking! Includes battle of the beards, kick-ball tournament and dodge-ball tournament. Taste and compare at the brew fest. One-stop shopping for brew. medfordbeerweek.com, sobrewfest.com
- Oregon Wine Experience - Third week in August. Wine festival includes educational classes and leads up to the grand tasting judged by professionals from the wine industry. theoregonwineexperience.com
- Country Crossings Music Festival - July 27-30, 2017, Central Point. cxfest.com
Top Medford Culinary Businesses or Experiences
- Elements Tapas Bar - elementsmedford.com
- Bohemian Club - bo-clubmedford.com
- RV Growers & Crafters Markets - rvgrowersmarket.com
- BricktownE Brewing - bricktownebeer.com
- Lark’s Medford - innatthecommons.com/larks-restaurant
- Common Block Brewing - commonblockbrewing.com
What’s New in Medford and the Rogue Valley
- Hilton Garden Inn, projected opening fall 2016
- Pint Rider Pedal Pub Tour, Growler King
- Rogue Jet Boat Adventures, new location in the Artisan Corridor
- Walkabout Brewing Co., expansion of meeting area for groups and parties
- Gold Hill Whitewater Center, King of the Rogue
- Southern Oregon Classic Feast and Golf Tournament, July
- Prescott Park Biking Trails,23 new miles on Roxy Ann Peak
- Butte Creek Mill Rebuild
- Historic Holly Theatre Renovation
INN AT THE COMMONS
Night Away package at Inn at the Commons in Medford
This package starts at $119* and includes:
- Overnight accommodations
- $30 to Larks Restaurant Medford
- Hot breakfast buffet
- Complimentary Parking and WiFi
*Valid till the end of April 2017. InnattheCommons.com
Ah, Klamath! The very home of Crater Lake National Park and half a hop to Lava Beds National Monument. Smack dab in the middle of the largest migratory bird route in the West, Native American and World War II sites that will really get you thinking. Drift on meandering rivers chock full of ravenous trout that practically leap into your boat! Oh, and centuries of stunning cycling and mountain biking. Yes there’s hiking too. There’s so much to do here. Come on down and see it for yourself. Meet Me In Klamath! meetmeinklamath.com
Top Festivals and Events
- Winter Wings Festival – February 16-19, 2017, Klamath Falls. The Klamath Basin is known for the largest wintering population of bald eagles in the lower 48 states. As the oldest birding festival in the nation, Winter Wings celebrates the return of the bald eagle, other raptors and wintering flocks of waterfowl to the area with field trips, workshops, talks, vendors, displays, and free activities attractive to families.. winterwingsfest.org
- Ride the Rim at Crater Lake National Park – September, 2017. The park service hosts two hiking and biking days on East Rim Drive, historically the last two Saturdays in September. This will be a perfect opportunity for park visitors to hike and bike on 24 miles of the rim road without cars and enjoy spectacular views of America's deepest lake and surrounding forests. ridetherim2015.com
- Basin Brew & Q – July 8, 2017. The third annual Basin Brew & Q will be held at Steen Sports Park in Klamath Falls from 11:00am to 10:00pm. Among all the fun, enjoy a brew contest, a BBQ contest, and of course live music. basinbrewandq.org
- Art of Survival Century Ride – May 27, 2017. Located on the Oregon/California border between Mt. Shasta and Crater Lake, pedal through farm country, across two states and three counties, and experience the beauty, wildlife and historical magic of the region. Choose from several distance options ranging from diehard, family friendly or a mountain bike route. survivalcentury.com
RUNNING Y RANCH
Fall Golf Package for $99! A round of golf at the world renowned Arnold Palmer Golf Course when you stay at the luxurious Running Y Ranch Resort during the month of October. *Minimum 2 people per room. Excludes taxes and resort fees. runningy.com
CRATER LAKE ZIPLINE
Zip into Spring and Fall Savings! Overnight in Klamath County and save $10 per person on your zipline tour in April, May, September and October. Use code ZIPSTAY17 when booking. Must provide lodging information. Exclusions apply: Monday - Thursday only, Holidays and Weekends excluded. craterlakezipline.com
TRAVEL GRANTS PASS
Whatever adventure you seek, live it, love it, live Rogue. With a convenient location off of I-5 and in the heart of Southern Oregon, Grants Pass makes a great base camp for your Southern Oregon adventure. Grants Pass is only a short distance from the Oregon Caves National Monument, Crater Lake National Park, the Oregon Coast and the Redwood Empire. The legendary Rogue River runs right through the heart of town, offering captivating scenery with vast opportunities for fun of all types. Jet boating, rafting, fishing, cycling, and hiking are just a part of the adventures that await you in Grants Pass. Venture into the vibrant Historic District to enjoy gastro pubs and craft breweries surrounded by unique boutiques and galleries. travelgrantspass.com
WINTER FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
- The Magic of Christmas – Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day. Every Christmas, the Historic District of Grants Pass transforms into a winter wonderland with countless Christmas installations of magical light murals and festive decorations throughout the historical district. The merchants go all out to create the Christmas spirit both in decorations and great gift selections and offers. The Christmas Plaza comes to life with a 40-foot Christmas tree complete with Santa’s Workshop to create a magical place to gather. The Christmas parade has become a family tradition to kick off the Christmas season. travelgrantspass.com
- Rogue Winterfest – December 1-5, 2016. This popular holiday festival features several days of events, hosted at Evergreen Federal Bank’s spectacular Bear Hotel. roguewinterfest.org
CLIMATE CITY BREWING COMPANY
Climate City Brewing Company is one of the newest additions to the craft beer scene in southern Oregon. Beers are brewed on-site in a historic brewery building and pair well with the upscale pub food. Climatecitybrewing.com
We have also paired with Orange Torpedo Trips to bring a one-of-a-kind experience on "The Paddled Pub.” Enjoy a two-hour float down the beautiful Rogue River while sipping Climate City brew and enjoying light snacks. orangetorpedo.com
HELLGATE JETBOAT EXCURSIONS
Wow the entire family and book the Northwest’s #1 River Trip! Experience our famous 360 spins and see legendary Hellgate Canyon. Get up close and personal with deer, great blue herons and bald eagles and dine at our exclusive outdoor lodge. Great for all ages, choose from five different trips starting at just $42! hellgate.com
REDWOOD HYPERION MOTEL
The Redwood Hyperion Suites is tucked among towering trees, tranquil water features, and award-winning gardens, in the heart of Grants Pass. Newly remodeled and expanded from the ground up, the Redwood Hyperion Suites boasts a diverse variety of rooms and suites to accommodate the most discriminating of guests. At the Redwood Hyperion Suites, you’ll never feel like we’re “just another motel.”. We’ve taken the same care to match the beauty of our surroundings with the comfort of our rooms. We welcome you to come stay with us and relax under the Redwoods. Winter Rates start at $84 a night. redwoodmotel.com
Oregon Caves National Monument and Oregon Caves Chateau
The Friends of the Oregon Caves and Chateau is a non-profit organization cooperating with the National Park Service in the preservation, stewardship and improvement of the cultural and natural resources of the Oregon Caves National Monument. The Friends benefit the Monument through the concern, care and philanthropy of dedicated individuals. They help raise project donations and capital funds to restore and improve the facilities, and to involve the community and visitors in the future plans of the monument. FriendsOCAC.org
- Oregon Caves Chateau – May 4 - September 30, 2017. This National Historic Landmark Lodge is one of the great lodges of the National Park Service. Come and step back in time with a relaxing stay. Unwind and get away from it all in one of the Chateau's cozy rooms, enjoy an evening meal in the Chateau's dining room with a view of the creek featuring a menu of fare, wines, and microbrews. Be sure to have one of our famous milkshakes and breakfast and lunch in the ‘30s diner. Buy a room and get the second night half off. Mention the Here & There Travel Fest to receive this offer. Good May 4 – June 20, 2017 and September 6 – October 2, 2017. oregoncaveschateau.com
- Community Day at the Oregon Caves – May 13, 2017. Free cave tours on this date only at The Oregon Caves National Monument and Preserve, nestled deep inside the Siskiyou Mountains. The caves formed as rainwater from the ancient forest above dissolved the marble below, creating the "Marble Halls of Oregon." Tours available from March 25 through early November 5, 2017, reservations available at recreation.gov The main part of the 4,558-acre park, including the marble cave and a visitor center, is located 20 miles east of Cave Junction, on Oregon Route 46. nps.gov/orca
- Birthplace of the iconic 3D Viewer – The View-Master. The exciting new commemorative 3D Viewer and reels were created for the Friends of the Oregon Caves and Chateau. Invented at the Oregon Caves National Monument by William Gruber and Harold Graves in 1938, the View-Master was introduced at the New York World’s Fair and was intended as an alternative to the scenic postcard. Get your own Commemorative Set at oregon-caves.mybigcommerce.com.
- 14th Annual Siskiyou Folk & Bluegrass Festival – July 2017. Join us at beautiful Lake Selmac County Park near Selma for wonderful live music all day at this family friendly event. Lawn seating. Food & beverage vendors. No outside alcohol or dogs allowed. $15 admission. $5 parking. 12 and under free. Presented by the Illinois Valley Chamber of Commerce. siskiyoubluegrassfestival.com
Does your wild side crave the excitement of salmon fishing, rafting, taking a jet boat tour on the mighty Rogue River, or the adrenaline rush of windsurfing one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world? Maybe your wild side wants to escape and walk our miles of uninterrupted, secluded beaches or hike our windswept headlands.
Your wild side could be satiated by watching our amazing animals — on land and sea — or even capturing our gorgeous scenery in a photograph or painting. It’s all here. Whatever your wild side wants, Gold Beach is your destination. Enjoy the Glass Float Treasure Hunt from February-April; May 1st – Jerry’s Jet Boat excursions begin daily departures; June – Pistol River Wave Bash; September – Brew & Art Festival. There is always something “WILD” going on in Gold Beach. goldbeach.org
JERRY'S ROGUE RIVER JETS
Jerry’s Jet Boats and the historic Mail Boat Trips offer exciting excursions up the Rogue River. We are located on Oregon’s south coast in sunny Gold Beach. Travel upriver into the wild & scenic wilderness of the Siskiyou National Forest. Consistently one of the Oregon Coast’s favorite family attractions --truly an exciting adventure! Narrated excursions daily May 1- October 15. Check our website for Early Bird Specials; discounted prices available for groups of 15 or more; and veterans. roguejets.com
SOUTHERN OREGON WINES
The Southern Oregon Wine Region is one of the most diverse wine regions in the world. The AVA, which was made official in 2004, offers more than 150 wineries with one of the largest collections of handcrafted wines in the country. Within the Southern Oregon AVA there are five other AVAs: Umpqua Valley, Rogue Valley, Applegate Valley, Red Hills, and Elkton.
Our eclectic and cutting edge winemakers offer old and new world styles of winemaking. We enjoy some of the most diverse growing conditions in the world; European latitude, multiple climates, varied temperatures, soil consistency, precipitation, and a long growing season all come together to preserve the freshest, fruity character and natural grape acidity of our wines.
Southern Oregon’s complex terrain has more “terroirs’ than most winegrowing areas. Southern Oregon produces a variety of classic and traditional varietals including: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Tempranillo, Viognier and Albarino. Wine Enthusiast magazine named Southern Oregon one of the top 10 wine touring regions in the world. Stop by one of our boutique wineries; sip and enjoy. southernoregonwines.org
Southern Oregon is upping its game — and fame. No longer Oregon’s "other" wine country, the state’s largest warm-climate growing region has come into its own ... producing top-notch wines that can compete with the best from anywhere." - Northwest Palate
SERRA VINEYARDS – Featured Winery
Open seven days a week year round; we are pet, picnic and family friendly. Mention attending the show and get buy one get one free tasting flights! 222 Missouri Flat Road ~ Grants Pass, OR 97527 | 541.846.9223. For more information please visit our website – serravineyards.com.