When it comes to tourism, 90 percent of visitors trust peer recommendations. And there’s no better recommendation than those provided by social media influencers and writers.
That’s the premise behind the Southern Oregon Wine, Culinary and Adventure familiarization tour September 27-30, 2016. Thanks to a Wine Country License Plate grant from Travel Oregon, 11 influencers and writers will be introduced to our award-winning wines, regional bounties and one-of-a-kind attractions and adventure. Building relationships with and inspiring these influencers and their followers are the key outcomes of this FAM.
On this tour of our region they will enjoy:
- A gourmet dinner on the shores of the Applegate River located in the midst of vineyards.
- A picnic beneath a waterfall with Crater Lake National Park as their backdrop.
- Award-winning wines while enjoying a chef’s dinner in a favorite Ashland restaurant.
- A Winemaker’s Dinner in the historic town of Jacksonville.
- A Paddled Pub ride down the pristine Wild and Scenic Rogue River.
Here's how you can become involved:
- TSO DMO's can host a turn down service so that each influencer will receive your information when they return back to their rooms each night.
- Each day the influencers will choose from a list of activities they would like to enjoy from 9:30-4:00pm. These activities have already been established but if you would like to host an activity and lunch please let Sue Price email@example.com know and she can review your options. Price will vary depending on the number of influencers who attend individual activities.
- Attend any of the evening activities (cost $125 per person) and meet all 11 influencers. Seating is limited so email Sue Price firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation soon.